The Stress-Free Moving Blueprint: A Step-by-Step Guide
For some, shifting places is fun, but for most people, it means other things – Packing the whole house, moving charges, the time invested in it, unwanted hassle, and whatnot. Seriously, we get it. Even for some organized people, it gets messier at some point.
And do you want it to be the most comfortable experience ever? We from MoveCabbie, have some of the best ways to move houses easier, faster, and safely.
Tackling the Mess
As you move houses, you keep finding things you once searched for—boxes and boxes of unknown and unwanted stuff. And you are sitting amidst it, searching for a better way to deal with them.
- Make a plan – take time to plan before you even start moving. Planning alone reduces half of the moving stress.
- Declutter – the next important step in packing. Buying new things is cheaper than having them transferred.
- Good day to move – decide on the right day to move, considering factors such as weather and health.
Now, for busy people with already overflowing schedules, why do you have to deal with them when we, MoveCabbie, are here to do that for you?
Read more: How To Choose A Moving Company In Ottawa
A Break is a Must
Moving is one of the most stressful and self-consuming processes. So much so that it has ranked itself among divorce and breakups of many families. Moving is a physical move of things to a better place, not your sanity, to a ditch hole.
When you are planning or packing, take breaks in between any work. A coffee break, relaxing music, or go for a walk. Do anything you do to de-stress and come back with a clear and calm mind.
This way, you can think better and faster yet leave with a healthy mind.
What You Can Do
After planning the packing and the days for it, you can search for a trustworthy moving company. Whatever the type of move is, long distance, short, or next door – you will need some help moving heavy objects like beds, refrigerators, washing machines, and more.
There comes the role of a moving company. We at MoveCabbie provide all kinds of services for a hassle-free move.
Along with packing comes the cleaning of the old place. Please do get some help with cleaning the house. Overburdening leads to exhaustion and results in wrong decisions. Take your time cleaning up too. You can also hire cleaners to help you.
Choosing the Right Company
All the steps are crucial for moving—from planning and decluttering to settling in the new house. The following in line to decluttering stuff is choosing the right moving company. The right moving company can assist you with whatever you need help with regarding your move.
To find the right one:
- Search for it.
- Ask your neighborhood, do online searches, and get recommendations from your family and friends.
- Narrow the list considering your affordable budget, the experience of the companies, and the services offered by the companies.
We at MoveCabbie provide you with your choice of service at affordable rates.
- Full moving services
- Hybrid moving services
- Loading and unloading your things
- Moving containers
- Box trucks for rent
If you are looking for budget-friendly choices, then renting trucks would be the one because they are comparatively less expensive but are a time and energy-consuming task.
Things to Look Out for
Look out for scammers in this field. Even after selecting a company, there are things to double-check again.
- The license and insurance of the company and the driver.
- Following the rules of workplace safety rules. Make sure to ask the movers for the workplace BC number.
- Experience of the company and each worker appointed for you.
- The working conditions of all the equipment and health conditions of the driver and movers.
- Whether the Movers are trained to handle any situation in the best way required.
- The moving company’s rating in the neighborhood and with your close circle of people.
- Providing proper paperwork
- Ask moving quotes
Be safe and, at the same time, have your work and stress cut to nothing.
Moving is not just going from one place to another. This laborious task starts from looking for a place to move to, followed by the rent/ expense of the area, packing all the needed things for the move, hiring and spending on the moving company, loading, traveling, and unloading of the stuff, arranging and finally settling down.
This is a complex task. It is easy to lose your mind in the wind of things happening quickly.
So, please take a seat, have a steady mind, and have a plan set up. We at MoveCabbie are always here for your help and comfort.