MoveCabbie offers full service, cross border moving for clients planning to move from Canada to the USA. Our professionals are prepared to handle all the details involved with moving across the border. Our objective is to make this experience comfortable and stress free for our customers. Our experience with cross border moving means that you can rely on us to move you to the USA!
Next stop… The USA!
- We pickup and deliver your belongings. No transfers. No third parties.
- We meet transportation deadlines.
- We follow out trucks with tracking systems.
- We maintain direct contact with our movers and clients.
- We hold good reputation at the border- there is less chance for surprises.
Cross Border Moving: easy as 1, 2, 3…
We request from our clients information pertinent to your move. Will will ask you for the following information:
- A list of the belongings you intend to move.
- Your pickup and delivery dates.
- The loading and unloading addresses.
- The services you are requesting (e.g. moving, packing, storage, etc).
- Information relevant to your move (e.g. heavy items, access, etc)
- Document status that will need to be presented to customs.
Once we collect all the information requested we will then provide you with a detailed quote that lists all the services you will use and costs of your move.
Your move may involve any of the following tasks:
- Disassembly services.
- Packing services and/or packing materials.
- Inventory list if required.
- Wrapping furniture and loading the truck.
- Temporary storage services if required.
- Disposal services if required.
Once at the border, the movers will be required to submit any declarations of personal goods that may be subject to taxes, and additional documentation related to immigration status of the client. The goods may or may not be subject to inspection, and this is at the discretion of the border service agent. You can be confident that:
- Your moving truck will pass a safety inspection prior to its departure to the USA.
- All of our moving trucks are maintained well and fit for long distance travel.
- Your load is safe during its trip, we secure everything with harnesses and straps.
- We wrap all furniture with shrink wrap and moving blankets.
- We have GPS tracking on all of our moving trucks.
- We work with insurance, and your belongings are fully insured.
Once at the final destination the movers will then:
- Unload all items of the truck, ensuring your inventory check list is fulfilled.
- Unwrap shrink and moving blankets from your furniture.
- Assemble and set up furniture as required
- Unpack your belongings*
*Unpacking services are available at an extra charge. This service allows clients to have a white glove service, in which we take care of every detail, so that once you move in everything is ready to go.
No Stress Moving from Canada to the United States.
We personalize your moving experience to fit your needs and budget. Our moving company in Ottawa offers the white glove experience, meaning that we provide a one stop shop for all moving related services. Additional services we offer include:
- Assembly and disassembly of furniture.
- Full service add ons including packing and unpacking.
- Moving supplies for sale: boxes, packing materials, wardrobes, and more.
- Secure storage units for rent (flexible term options)/
- Garbage removal services..
- Insurance coverage: up to $5 million coverage, zero deductible.
- Your belongings are treated with care, wrapped, and secured for safe moving.
Cross Border Moving Fees
MoveCabbie believes in providing our customers with honest and transparent prices. This is why we opt for pricing based on a list of items rather than weight. When pricing by weight an estimate is rarely accurate, and clients are often surprised when their items are weighed and their bill is greater than expected.
To start off, we will require an inventory list to determine your fees. Inventory lists help us to ensure accurate and transparent prices. We provide flat rate prices based on your list, so as long as your list doesn’t change, you will know exactly what you are paying for.
Since our prices are based on a list of items, in-home estimates are often not required. We could however provide an in-home estimate to get a better idea of what your move may require, such as required moving supplies, the number of trucks, etc.
We will need to know the following details to determine the price of your move:
- The size of your move indicated on an inventory list
- The pickup and drop off locations, and any stops along the way.
- Add-on moving services you may require.
- The number of trucks and movers you will require.
There are no hidden fees. Call us today to get started!